Descrição da Vaga
FPSO Specialist - Gas Processing & Hydrogen Technology Services Group
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
An excellent career opportunity is available for an FPSO Specialist within the Gas Processing &
Hydrogen Technology Services Group of the Technical Services department located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This position plays a key role in providing customer-facing support services to UOP licensed or supplied operating units to keep them operating safely & profitably. There is regular interaction with UOP's external customers and with UOP personnel.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of
process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc.and is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group. Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining. For more information, go to www.uop.com.
Primary Accountabilities of the FPSO Specialist are to manage the activities below, primarily by working onshore at fabrication facilities and offshore on the FPSOs.
* Follow required safety procedures. Maintain certifications for offshore work and other mandated safety & travel training.
* Lead the field activities related to the checkout, pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of the Gas Dehydration Units and the Separex membrane units sold to the FPSO companies in Brazil. The successful candidate may have individual or shared accountability for all aspects of the UOP packaged units, including checkout of piping, vessels,consumables, instrumentation and proprietary control systems to assure that the completed unit conforms to UOP specifications as contained in the
Schedule A package. The specialist will have working knowledge of the UOP control systems supplied with the systems.
* Advise customer instrument personnel on the establishment and maintenance of the various process variables and instrument control loops necessary to achieve safe and efficient operations
Advise customer personnel of various activities required to maintain the long-term performance of a UOP process unit.
* Advise customers on scheduling, procedures, normal operating variables and response to emergency situations and unscheduled process changes. Review emergency and normal operating procedures with customer instrument personnel. Transfer technology to customers operating and engineering staff in line with contractual obligations.
* The specialist will manage and maintain UOP relationships with customers through frequent direct contact and service delivery that help increase their profit. They will effectively communicate UOP recommendations, requirements and benefits in face-to-face meetings, on teleconferences and in writing.
* Provide both office-based and on-site troubleshooting assistance to commercial units. Conduct on-site commercial unit audits as needed.
* Provide on-site support for customer turnarounds, performance test runs, or similar short duration field assignments.
* Complete Engineering Design Critique Reports to capture recommendations on appropriate safety, operations, design and technical modifications. Use reports to capture improvements via innovation [MOIs], lessons learned, and feedback of field data to TS, R&D; and Engineering.
* Assist in rectifying guarantee resolution problems by participating in problem investigation and root cause analyses and development of solutions.
* Complete other assigned goals.
Between off-shore assignments, the FPSO Specialist will assist the Sr. Technical Specialists with the following:
* Evaluating commercial operations through remote monitoring of UOP Gas processing and Separex technology to assist customers in achieving their goals.
Continuously review, analyze and provide feedback on commercial unit operating data. Assist with troubleshooting if requested.
* Prepare and update operating manuals and process technology manufacture
* Develop, prepare, and present training materials for UOP technology training courses.
* Participate in Engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, PFD, P&ID;, HAZOP and others.
* Keep current with customer needs for the technologies supported. Communicate changes and provide timely and relevant feedback to the client.
* Work with the Technology Specialists to maintain tools, guidelines, documentation and checklists within assigned area and ensure that these are efficient.
* Maintain/Update customer and technical information in knowledge management tools.
* During times of low activity with our FPSO customers, perform assignments for other UOP customers on Field Service Reserve basis. The Specialist will make him or herself available to the pool of Field Operating Services for field work within Latin America or beyond. Typical roles include checkout, loading, commissioning, startup and troubleshooting on UOP's technologies in refining and/or petrochemical facilities.
* Such assignments, over time, will be key to migrating from the FPSOs to roles in other technology areas of UOP.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred. B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years or more of UOP Technical Service, UOP Field Operating Services, UOP Engineering, UOP Modular/Process Plants or equivalent industry land-based & offshore process operations, technical service or design experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% annually to both domestic and international sites. Much of this travel can be scheduled and planned in advance.
- Ability to work in offshore environment. UOP will assist candidate to obtain required OPITO certifications.
- Ability to conduct physical inspections requiring climbing up, crawling through & walking on pressure vessels, distillation columns, tanks, and piping.
- Knowledge of Separex™ or comparable membrane technology including equipment and operations. Knowledge of other UOP Gas Processing & Adsorbent technologies including Mol Siv, Benfield™, Selexol™, Amine Guard™ FS, Polybed™ PSA and/or similar technologies such as Merox is considered a plus.
- Portuguese native-speaker fluency; English language and writing skills required. Spanish language skills desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills in general.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically. FPSO assignments are up to 2 weeks in duration, but other field assignments could be up to 3 months in duration.
- Solid, comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work hours that are dictated by customer requirements and assignment scope.
- Strong customer focus, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a physically challenging environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word. (Access, Aspen or Unisim a plus).
- Ability to interact with customers on a global basis.
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req179909
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Avenida Rio Branco No. 138, 7º andar, Rio de Janeiro, RIO DE JANEIRO 20040-909 BRA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.