Descrição da Vaga
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Technology at ADP. It's the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what's possible in our industry.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it - for our clients and colleagues around the world.
ADP Labs. Located in Porto Alegre/Brazil, provides software development and infrastructure for world-wide ADP products, working with large scale initiatives across multiple geographies, including Brazil, United States and India. As an internationally distributed software development team, we are hiring:
Software Specialist I - Production Support and Monitoring
We are seeking for a Software Specialist to work on a team responsible for driving the resolution of production cases including complex scenarios.
The Software Specialist must demonstrate the ability to understand complicated system architectures and pinpoint problem areas across multiple hardware and software tiers.
The Software Specialist must also demonstrate the ability to diagnose a performance issue by cross checking the application and database in different layers and come up with performance improvement suggestions.
This Specialist will focus on monitoring and alerting systems in order to work out solutions of different system stability aspects.
The professional will help with continuous process improvements.
* Being responsible for: evaluating existing alerts and their use;
* Identifying opportunities for improvement of monitoring routines;
* Looking for ways of predicting a system failure and implementing recovery processes;
* Documenting and tracking system issues that require monitoring and alerting routines to be implemented or adjusted;
* Communicate status, risks to test complete dates, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams;
* Work closely with Performance Team to design and implement overhead, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools;
* Write logs searching patterns and develop monitoring/alerts dashboards and reports to be automatically generated and notified to different application stakeholders, including senior management;
* Come up with application stability topics and suggestions that can be implemented to help ensure the application uptime and availability;
* Coordinate technical presentations and training for other system architects.
Communication skills/Contact: Fluent English. Effective business writing. Effective presentation and communication skills. IT management, all levels of users and development groups. The interaction is with both local and geographically distributed teams.
Experience/Skills: Experience with application monitoring, performance and production support aspects. Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
Education: Require a bachelor's degree in computer science or other related degree or an equivalent in education and experience. A master's degree in computer science or an MBA is preferred.
* Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills;
* Ability to analyze / interpret technical data;
* Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks;
* Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures;
* Ability to write clear and concise technical documents;
* Troubleshooting and reasoning skills;
* Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization;
* Working knowledge of operating system design / tuning (e.g. Linux, Solaris);
* Working knowledge of database architecture and SQL tuning (e.g. Oracle, DB2);
* Knowledge of Log Analysis tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK/LogStash);
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Java, C++, C, Shell Script;
* Working knowledge of JVM performance tuning and profiling tools;
* Experience with performance and infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. CA SiteScope, CA Wily Introscope, IBM BPM/BSM, etc.).
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.