Descrição da Vaga
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Technology at ADP. It's the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what's possible in our industry.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it - for our clients and colleagues around the world.
ADP Labs. Located in Porto Alegre/Brazil, provides software development and infrastructure for world-wide ADP products, working with large scale initiatives across multiple geographies, including Brazil, United States and India. As an internationally distributed software development team, we are hiring:
Software Specialist I
This software specialist will act as a recognized technical or functional expert within one or more areas of expertise. Develop or engineer innovative technologies and techniques for implementation of new ADP products or enhancements to existing products under self-initiative. Also may provide an internal technical audit evaluation function, independent of the particular project / system group, with direct reporting authority to senior management.
* Functional Responsibility: Acts as a source of technical, business and functional information. Recognized expert in 1 or 2 key technologies or products critical to mission of business unit. Serves as technology expert across project boundaries. Works independently to manage the evolution of new / key technologies, perform strategic upgrades and make recommendations to senior management.
* Decision Making / Judgement: Acts independently most of the time, with limited direction. Monitored on projects and results. Reviews industry field and recommends application of new technologies.
* Accountability: Errors may cause significant disruption to operations. Errors will result in major setback to project status. Undetected errors will result in major costs to the organization.
* Communication skills / Contact: Fluent English. Effective business writing. Effective presentation and communication skills. IT management, all levels of users and development groups. The interaction is with both local and geographically distributed teams.
* Management responsibilities: Assist in the training / development of 3-10 more junior associates in area of expertise. May have matrix technical leadership responsibility of associates as related to specific project(s).
* Experience/Skills: Experience within functional area. Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Education: Require a bachelor's degree in computer science or other related degree or an equivalent in education and experience. A master degree in computer science or an MBA is preferred
* Desired Technical Skills:
* 4+ years of experience in Java-related technologies, including Java8, SpringBoot, JDBC/Hibernate, and similar integration frameworks
* Solid experience with both RESTful and SOAP-based APIs including JSON / XML web services.
* Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and interdependently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner methodologies and full software life-cycle (SDLC)
* Working knowledge of microservices architecture, design, and implementation is considered a plus.
* Enthusiast about agile methodologies as Scrum and Test Driven Development.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.