Descrição da Vaga
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/Philips Chronic Disease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
You are responsible for
- Perform, as a skilled worker, a number of tasks in a professional way.
- Determine, based upon own understanding/technical knowledge, how best to approach the task and how to solve abnormalities.
- Analyse abnormalities that occur within own working area and reasons based upon technical knowledge, where the cause lies and remedies it.
- Complete work with a limited degree of supervision.
- Manage order and all its cycle.
- Manage customer communication and expectation.
- Interact with the full supply chain in order to deliver the goods to the customer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Masters Degree in Administration, Engineering, Logistics or similar.
- Excel and SAP are desired as well as logistics, order management, reporting
- Skilled to work with teams
- Intermediate English
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.