Descrição da Vaga
Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture team is hiring!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon Web Services (including Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB & RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, and many more) within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You will posses customer facing skills that allow you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers whether they are large or small.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
* As a key member of the business development and marketing team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
* Educate customers of all size on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
* Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer deep technical skills to customers considering or using AWS.
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community.
* Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
* Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates".
* Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Deep experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Software design or development
- Infrastructure architecture,
- Content distribution
- Database architecture
- IP Networking
- IT Security
- Performance Tuning
- Systems Operations
- Working knowledge of development methodologies and more than of the following languages:
- Ruby on Rails
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Strong written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services
- Professional experience operating systems built with Amazon Web Services
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com