Descrição da Vaga
The RD &E Director for the LA region will be responsible for a team of 35+ employees located at RD&E facilities in Campinas and Mexico. These teams are accountable for regional voice of customer driving development and deployment of innovative technology solutions for multiple business units across the region including Paper, Mining, Water, Energy, F&B, and Institutional. This position is a key member of the global RD&E leadership team and the regional leadership team. This role requires a people-oriented leader with strong business acumen and a track record of success working in a global, cross functional, matrix environment. The incumbent will have to be adept in working in collaboration with business-oriented leaders in understanding the needs of our regional customers in the context of a global innovation environment. In addition the incumbent will be expected to function effectively in a sales-oriented environment, requiring the cultivation and maintenance of critical relationships with customers and our corporate sales force.
What’s in it For You:
- Leads the LA Regional RD&E team to meet global, regional and country-level business growth and operational objectives.
- Works closely with the global divisional RD&E leaders and regional business leaders to develop and drive regional technology roadmap in alignment with global division objectives including organization design, resource plans and priorities.
- Leads the LA regional RD&E team to execute technology development and commercialization of product portfolio plans.
- Develops organizational talent and succession plan, and provides ongoing coaching and mentoring for staff driving a highly engaged workforce that delivers on global and regional objectives.
- Ensures the development and utility of Intellectual Property, through patent filings, trade secrets, and the support of Technical Notebooks and Reports.
- Ensures ongoing external awareness of technology, competitors, and emerging and disruptive opportunities.
- Represents Ecolab to key customers, academia and trade organizations. Establishes active leadership role in key external organizations.
- Responsible for Regional Environmental and Regulatory Compliance and maintain awareness of current and pending regulatory changes
- Enforces the safety practice and cultivate the safety culture within RD&E organization *
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, engineering or related scientific/technical discipline required. PhD strongly preferred.
- Years of significant technology and product development leadership experience operating in a highly matrixed global technical and business teams in matrix environment.
- Requires track record of successful Technology Development, New Product / Service launch and leveraging of External Technology
- Exceptional people leadership, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Portuguese.