Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Regional Director Latin America, Ethics & Compliance
We're disrupting the transportation world and with that comes the need for more internal global unification. We are currently searching for a Regional Director, Latin America Ethics & Compliance to enhance the compliance program across the region. This position reports directly to the Associate General Counsel / Global Head, Ethics & Compliance, and is based in Sao Paulo. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on
What you'll do
- Provide employees with clear policies and procedures
- Develop high-impact awareness, education, and training for regional compliance
- Provide effective and practical compliance counseling and advice
- Identify compliance risks and successfully drive mitigation efforts
- Conduct investigations
- Leverage familiarity with the global framework affecting the technology industry, such as international laws governing technology, interactions with government institutions, and government officials to address antitrust and competition issues
What you are
- Minimum 10 years of experience between private practice, government service and/or in-house role. Technology and international experience strongly preferred
- Law degree from an accredited law school required
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required (Spanish is strongly preferred)
- Experience with the Foreign Corruption Practices Act and/or comparable anti-corruption rules and regulations in Latin America
- Exposure to import/export control laws and regulations, international competition laws and regulations, and data privacy laws in Latin America
- Superior analytical and legal skills, mature judgment, and innovative thinking
- Dynamic and resilient individual with the demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade and build consensus
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environments and self-starter qualities
- Enthusiastic about Uber!