Descrição da Vaga
Essential Job Functions
* Performs more complex product design, system analysis and programming activities on application software to ensure that company technology needs are met.
* Performs design, implementation and maintenance of complex multiple product modules/subsystems or on lower level issues of multiple products to ensure proper functioning of products. Participates in product design meeting to ensure that design concepts are transferred into application development successfully.
* Performs more complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products; researches problems discovered by quality analysts or product support to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed.
* Works with technical staff to understand problems with software to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner.
* Resolves customer concerns and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements to ensure customer satisfaction with product.
* Evaluates technical documentation of product sub-systems for accuracy and ease of use.
* Researches and understands marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, competitive issues and new technology and development tools to ensure that product meets market demands appropriately.
* Evaluates programs written by lower level staff to ensure adherence to company and client specifications.
* Serves as product architect as necessary, to ensure design and implementation of product meets objectives.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
* Six or more years of product design and support or systems development experience
* Experience working with software development methodologies, software development life cycle, design and implementation
* Experience working with product systems design principles and company application development policies and procedures
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
* Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
* Experience working with relational databases, mainframes, scheduling software and other related technologies, and firewall theory and configuration
* Experience working with the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
* Analytical and design skills at multiple product level
* Communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management and for providing documentation to relevant parties
* Good problem solving skills for design and debugging of products and good data analysis and software testing skills to test modifications and enhancements
* Creative thinking and design skills
* Skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly