Descrição da Vaga
Essential Job Functions
* Performs routine product design, systems analysis and programming activities on application software to ensure that company technology needs are met.
* Performs routine design, implementation and maintenance of single product modules/subsystems to ensure proper functioning of products.
* Develops, codes, tests and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software to enhance product efficiency.
* Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products; researches problems discovered by quality analysts or product support to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed.
* Researches and understands marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues to ensure that product meets market demands appropriately.
* Researches new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology and changes to old technology.
* Assists in the development of user manuals in order to ensure that documentation enables more efficient use of product.
* Writes programs according to specifications provide by higher level staff or business analysts to ensure that client requirements are met.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
* Three or more years of product design and support or systems development experience
* Experience working with software development life cycle, methodologies, design and implementation
* Experience working with product systems design principles, relational databases, firewall theory and configuration
* Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
* Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
* Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software and other relevant technologies
* Experience working with the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
* Analytical and design skills at multiple product level
* Communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management and for providing documentation to relevant parties
* Problem solving skills, creative thinking, and design skills for design and debugging of products
* Data analysis and software testing skills to test modifications and enhancements
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly