Descrição da Vaga
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is an app for landlords and renters tired of the bureaucracy of the traditional rental process. To create an experience that is easy and cool for both, QuintoAndar recognizes that it is necessary to solve the rental process from start to finish. We will win by doing this with agility and security, and by guaranteeing payments for landlords and free rental insurance for renters.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds.
At QuintoAndar you will:
* Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
* Learn a lot. Really.
* Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
* Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
* Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Data Engineer Responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Develop and execute a data warehouse and ETL/ELT solution that is scalable and that will be used by business analysts and key decision-makers.
- Know the data schema by heart and all there is to know about the company's databases to provide support for end users and developers.
- Ensure that all reporting, KPIs and ETL/ELT processes are running correctly and smoothly in real-time.
- Be the go-to person for querying the database.
- Ability to contribute with architecture optimizations of ETL, ELT, BI, and the life-cycle of an EDW solution.
- An understanding of data integration using Python, and knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases and associated technologies and standards.
- Ability to get data from RESTful APIs.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, near Av Paulista.
You may apply if you:
- Have strong command of SQL, data architecture and relational data models and databases.
- Have strong coding skills in Python (or other scripting languages).
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We may like you even better if you:
- Have experience with NoSQL databases.
- Have experience with Columnar Storage Databases (like Amazon Redshift).
- Have an interest in BI, data science and statistics.
- Have previous experience in building data marts, data lake and structuring a data warehouse.
- Have experience with analytics implementation.
- Are up to date with cloud solutions (preferably AWS).
- Have knowledge in PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView/QlikSense, Alteryx or other similar tool.
If you're the right candidate, you are probably more interested in the challenge than in the compensation package. Nevertheless, here are the belefits:
* Competitive salary package.
* Good health and dental plan
* Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação").
* Fuel or public transportation allowance.
* Subsidy to sports practicing.
* Free beer every Friday
* Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people.