Descrição da Vaga
Be a part of operating the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Specialist positions. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in logistics operations (material handling). They must possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to multitask and operate in a very fast paced complex environment, meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Specialist reviews datacenter inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in the all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Datacenter Operations Technicians and Datacenter Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. Regular and ongoing communications with vendors to resolve issues and help them understand our business requirements necessitates a high level communicator.
Responsibilities include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Specialist will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
They are also responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations. Additionally, the Logistics Specialist will ensure that all billing associated with the Inventory supply chain is accurate, validated and ready for processing. They will work with Accounts Payable to reconcile invoice discrepancies. An understanding of general business accounting and finance is strongly desired.
The ideal Logistics Specialist will dive deep into data to understand everything about the datacenter asset lifecycle. They will also maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for internal and external suppliers and management as required.
Logistics Specialists are expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high quality, and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Must be literate and have good communication skills.
- Must be Fluent in English both Written and Spoken
- Experienced with email, Microsoft Office (or equivalent), online tools, working with database front ends.
- 2-4 years of direct logistics experience.
- Experienced in dealing with freight haulers, overnight shippers, and air freighters.
- Experienced in handling sensitive electronic equipment and parts.
- Experience dealing with vendors.
- Familiarity with material moving equipment (pallet jack, johnson bar, dollies, high bay racking etc).
*Degree in Engineering, Logistics or related field is a plus
* Experience in electronics devices manufacturing, production or distribution environment