Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Customer Support Manager (you!), or Community Operations Manager as it's known at Uber, to develop and lead various support efforts within our Center of Excellence (COE) in São Paulo, Brazil. Uber COEs are contact centers dedicated to providing excellent customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven people
What you'll do:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, instruct Team Leads, and develop them into awesome people managers. You will be managing up to 5 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10 team members. These people are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs
- Work cross-functionally with various supporting teams (such as Quality Assurance, Training, and Site Analytics) to ensure your teams are delivering exceptional customer experiences and meeting service level requirements
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Team Leads on a consistent basis
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team's processes and policies
- Be responsible for identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years of work experience in a high-volume and fast moving service-industry or customer support environment, including leading large teams
- A willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- A bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in leading large and diverse teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivation with a deep affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something 'has always been done'
- Always willing to embrace something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way.
- Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely exciting work environment