Descrição da Vaga
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As the Corporate Operations Engineer within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
At Google, Engineering teams not only revolutionize search functions, but also work on massive scalability, storage solutions, large-scale applications and new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google Engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Improve Googler user experience by leading, designing and implementing technical initiatives collaboratively while focusing on user satisfaction and pain points through direct interaction.
- Develop solutions for technical challenges, through root cause analysis, working with users and collaborating with partner teams.
- Troubleshoot multiple operating systems, (i.e., OS X, Linux, and Windows) and a range of devices (i.e., desktops, laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices).
- Collaborate with various global teams including Security, Networking and Infrastructure.
- Support IT needs from global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with supporting Linux, Windows, Mac OS or Networks.
* Experience with supporting Chrome OS.
* Experience with creating or optimizing deployment and/or support processes for desktops, laptops, video conferencing, wireless devices, software and patches.
* Experience with creating scripts to automate common tasks.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
* Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
* Exceptional customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.