Descrição da Vaga
CONTROLLER REGIONAL AM SUL | São Bernardo do Campo-SP,
November 14, 2018
Brazil, São Paulo, São Bernardo do Campo
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
A AkzoNobel é apaixonada por tinta. Somos especialistas e temos orgulho de produzir tintas e revestimentos, estabelecendo o padrão em cor e proteção desde 1792. Nosso portfólio de marcas de classe mundial – incluindo Coral, International, Sikkens e Interpon - conta com a confiança dos nossos clientes em todo o mundo. Com sede na Holanda, operamos em mais de 80 países e empregamos cerca de 35000 pessoas talentosas que são apaixonadas em entregar produtos e serviços de alto desempenho aos nossos clientes. Para mais informações, por favor, acesse www.akzonobel.com.
* Partner with MSU/SMU director and management team (or multiple management teams if the business set-up is built around several routes to market) to drive business and financial objectives.
* Co-formulate a winning strategy, challenge, negotiate and translate into meaningful financial outcome (5 years) that meet profitability (ROS 15 by 20) and OCF.
* Translate 5 year strategy into MSU/SMU operating plan, yearly budget, QRF. Set right incentive (SIS) that promotes right behavior.
* Portfolio management / Hardball process – how to play against competition to win, support complexity reduction, algin external business developments with own business plan .
* M&A; - Key driver and linking point for all M&A; activities (pipeline priority setting, business case, create synergy, write AR, coordinate approval process, Due Diligence, Integration).
* People development, engagement, talent pipeline, benchstrength
* Validates and challenges business cases (for NPI's, restructuring, investments etc) in close cooperation with sales, marketing, FP&A;, ISC, accounting, Tax, Treasury and other stakeholders inside and outside the MSU. Where required, do adequate stakeholder management to get the correct approvals for economically attracktive business cases.
* Drive monthly performance against target and strategy and take pro-active measure, if required. Challenge assumptions and performance against market conditions. Formulate and actively drive OPI growth, risks and opportunities and closing the gap actions highlighted in the IBP cycle.
* Overall responsible for the Profit and Loss and OCF delivery (including OWC):
* Understand all parts of the P&L; including parts managed by other financial managers (eg cogs).
* Ensure channel profitability (SSO, LSO, Modern trade, project segment) through pricing and mix, rebates as well as (I)KAM support & contract negotiation/compliance support.
* Identify leakages in revenue, CM and cost, pro actively comes with proposals to solve
* Activley challenge Pricing/Revenue Management and lead Cost control initiatives in order to improve margins in light of (raw material) cost and developments as well as market position.
* Drive Productivity, Opex management.
* Benchmark and challenge performance versus competition and/or other MSUs
* IBP Role, specifically:
* Chairs IR review meeting
* Owns' the financial projection and analysis
* Champions one set of numbers
* Evaluates and critiques the gap closing actions.
* Advices on content and agenda for MBR
* Actively participate in Business meetings/discussions, provide insights that can support decision making process
* Understand business needs and interface with the different Finance service providing teams in order to deliver high quality products in the correct timing.
* Ensure business risks and opportunities are managed to deliver the best financial outcome.
* Prepare and make business presentations.
* Act as the local highest approvin authority in conjunction with MSU director
* Capex and commercial AR
* Approve and challenge sales contracts, rebates schemes, discount schemes promotional schemes (year, quarterly, monthly, seasonal promotion)
* Approve and challenge marketing spend (big for Deco)
* NFLoR, CSAT for commercial unit Dividend & other financial obligations of JVs and.or listed companies (important for JV, public listed company)
Statutory & Compliance Role (applicable for joint venture and publicly listed company)
* Where applicable, Responsible for legal entity in all statutory and accounting matters, ensuring compliance to Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of Association and local Companies Act.
* Custodian role - For joint ventures, act for AkzoNobel interest. Maybe called upon to be Board of Director where local residency required by local law (this is a heavy responsibility with legal & financial liability)
* Gate Keeper for Tax Compliance (e.g. Condor and some Permanent Establishment)
* MSU controller should connect regularly with RAC to ensure business decisions and events are properly recorede in the financial statements and forecasts, while being understanding the opportunities and risks that could occur from the B/S. It is the role of the MSU controller to follow-up on risk and opportunity actions where operational actions are required.
People Development Role
* Coordinate and work with local ISC control, FP&A;, RAC, GBS, CFS, internal control pillars for a joint finance team development plan and local succession plan.
November 30, 2018
São Bernardo do Campo
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
* University degree in Finance or Accounting and preferably an Executive Master of Finance and Control (Registered Controller) or CMA or CIMA
* Relevant work experience in Finance and Control of which in a people management position
* Business partner skills and result oriented, in addition has a practical understanding of ERP and Finance systems
* Has a stable view and has strengths to challenge local MT members in order to achieve financial targets on short as well as on longer term
* Excellent analytical skills and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to see the big picture and interest to dive into details when needed
* Strong people management and interpersonal and communication skills, ability to drive (cultural and organzaitional) change across different finance pillars
* Strong personality, ability to challenge senior management also on tactical decision preparation
* Excellent knowledge of the local language, both written and spoken. English is a must
* Working knowledge of systems (SAP, Hyperion)
* Peference for experience in Six Sigma or Lean