Descrição da Vaga
Power Power Conversion
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
As a member of a multi-disciplined team, deliver automation solutions for a project (including PLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, data networks and others) ensuring the design meets customer, contract, and regulatory requirements.
* Analyze all the technical documentation provided for the project, both the customer received as received from our commercial department in order to ensure compliance with the scope;
* Specify automation components to be used in a given project, according to customer specifications and according to current technical standards;
* Execute documentation and design for automation system in accordance to national and international standards;
* Signalling any change or deviation from project scope to the lead engineer found during the project that could have an impact on the cost of engineering hours, as well, cost of materials;
* Guiding the tasks to scheduled dates as provided by planning sector;
* Be aware of predecessors activities and signal to lead engineers when these activities are delaying;
* Support the lead engineer in monitoring project deliverables and actively engage where project teams would benefit from technical intervention;
* Support the lead engineer in resolving technical issues in support of current projects, equipment under test, or in-service platforms;
* Liaise with other GE businesses and suppliers as appropriate in order to support the project and the business;
* Provide technical advice and assistance to the overall project team as appropriate including Commissioning and Service;
* Be part of Commissioning team for a project, if required;
* Improve the efficiency of the engineering process, through development and use of standard engineering solutions for projects;
* Comply with all company and customer health and safety regulations;
* Share with engineering team the knowledge and the new successful experiences acquired in a certain project, in order to become good practice for the next projects.
* Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or related subject;
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent proven record of continuous professional development;
* At least ten years in Control & Automation engineering and application;
* Fluency in English language.
* ExperienceExperience in Control & Automation design for different verticals: Energy, Metals, Mining and Marine;
* Personal QualitiesAbility to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales;
* Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese;
* Good report writing skills in order to report to direct management;
* Good personal organisational skills;
* CircumstancesClean driving licence;
* Willing to travel within base country and overseas for short term working.