Descrição da Vaga
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
For that, we need to build lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. Also, it's about being creative in how we tell our story, including using social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
About this Role
We are looking for a Communications Manager for Brazil. This role will involve:
* Establishing Uber's brand and profile with the media and third parties;
* Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and their audience;
* Understanding the impact that new technologies have in the regulatory and legal fields;
* Working on communications for São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
To succeed you'll need to be:
* A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
* A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities;
* A team player: We're looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Ideally you would have 8 + years communications experience. Fluency in English and Portuguese, both oral and written, is essential. Spanish is a plus.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.