Descrição da Vaga
Reports To: OEM Commercial Leader in USA
Group/Division: LSG – Life Sciences Solution Group
Career Band: 7
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Identify, evaluate and execute opportunities to supply Life Science Solutions products, on an OEM basis, to molecular diagnostic, immuno diagnostic, life science tool, applied and government markets for their use in their products and services.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell Thermo Fisher Scientific, Life Science Solutions Group’s products to other companies to be used by them on an OEM basis
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc
- Develop pricing proposals for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable. Negotiate other terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company’s in-licensing team.
- Determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Works closely and travels with with the commercial teams throughout Latin America to grow Thermo Fisher’s share of wallet across the region
- Exceeds annual revenue goals for the Licensing and Commercial Supply business in Latin America
- Represents Licensing and Commercial Supply business to the Latin American commercial leadership and field sales teams during business reviews, meetings, and trainings.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
- Revenue growth
- New deal generation
- Leads uncovered
- Sales team engagement
- Knows the fundamental concepts of intellectual property
- Knowledge of molecular and Immuno biology and, specifically, of company products
- Knowledge of the Latin American market related to Immuno and molecular diagnostics a plus
- Knowledge of the Latin American commercial team a plus
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Language requirements:
- Candidate must be fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- MBA Preferred
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, and product development/commercialization
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.
- Working with cross functional selling teams
- Working across the internal organization to garner resources necessary to drive deals to completion
• Will work out of a home or company office.
• Frequent travel required (up to 75%) to customers and to meetings with colleagues at company sites.