Descrição da Vaga
If your ideal job is to help drive a great company to even greater heights, read on! Rentcars.com, the online car rental leader in Latin America, is seeking a Chief Growth Officer to join our team and help us expand globally. We have identified that the best candidate for this role should lead our marketing, strategic partnerships, product interface, usability and user experience to have full control and achieve the best results and synergies. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact on our business, driving our most important initiatives and being a key member of our leadership team reporting directly to the CEO of our company and taking a seat at our strategic board.
Why join Rentcars.com?
This is a critical role in our company. As the absolute leader in Brazil and LatAm with a growing user base with clients from over 90 countries, we need to expand our strategies (both online and offline) and a multitude of client acquisition strategies, as well as bringing our website and apps usability and user experience to even higher levels. We have been growing tremendously and we have even more ambitious expansion plans in the coming years. What we need is the strategic and hands-on initiatives in propelling our brand and services worldwide. We are forward thinking and you will be part of our daily huddles. Our culture is best described as a let's make it happen company and a laser focus on growth and results. Our core values define who we are and who we hire: dedicated & accountable, team player, resourceful, energizing and hands on . Be prepared to work very hard to achieve your and our goals. If this is you, please read on:
Snapshot of key accountabilities
The Chief Growth Officer will have full responsibility for defining and expanding our online and offline marketing initiatives and constant improvements in our website and apps. Currently we are already the largest online advertiser in the car rental sector in Brazil, with an 8-figure budget.
With your marketing hat:
- Be a key player in formulating the company's future direction by defining and implementing strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and overseeing its day-to-day implementation.
- Ability to define the best marketing approaches to different countries around the globe, driving decisions based on accurate figures, market researches and cultural aspects.
- Map the competitive landscape of our market and plan actions and strategies to expand our business.
- Map potential business partners, to expand our affiliate network and other client acquisition strategies.
- Develop performance KPIs that support the company's strategic direction reporting to the board on progress.
- Expand and improve our CRM initiatives and strategies.
- Establish the marketing budget and track return on investment.
- Expand and mentor our marketing team.
- Spot opportunities in the market and drive growth.
- Increase our brand awareness through organic channels, public relations, and the press.
- Lead our online and offline marketing strategies, which include – but are not limited to – online advertising, social media, e-mail marketing, SEO, affiliate network and partnerships with a multitude of companies (airlines, loyalty programs, etc.), both in Brazil and abroad.
- You'll also have our internal marketing and institutional communication team under your responsibility.
- Laser-focused on conversion (now see the "product" hat).
With your product usability hat:
- Own the product roadmap and manage the product usability and features.
- Implement best-in-class product development processes, including constant innovations, A/B testing, etc.
- Deeply investigate trends and user analytics to take advantage of new opportunities, market and behavior changes.
- Develop go-to-market plans for new solutions including planning, release and continuous enhancement.
- Enhance the customer experience and usability of existing products, on all devices (desktop, mobile, apps).
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to define and implement best practices and scalable solutions to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
- Maintain industry best practices to ensure that our skill set/knowledge base remains stellar.
- Laser-focused on conversion (see the last bullet on the "marketing" hat).
Traits required for success:
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the self-confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem solving and engaging the commitment of the team. You connect quickly with others in a warm, poised, and enthusiastic way and excel at coaching, motivating and persuading others to do what needs to be done to achieve the organization's goals. This role requires a strategic, big picture thinker balanced by focus on the hands-on technical aspects of the work. Your initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions is the key to success here at Rentcars.com.
- Passion for creating innovative strategies.
- A "test and learn" mentality.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, with energy & enthusiasm.
- Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically inside of Rentcars.com.
- Appreciation for the product development process and marketing technical skills and the varying personalities in the cross-functional groups we work with.
- Experienced, confident presenter to all audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a face paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and clearly communicate potential challenges.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team.
- Minimum 7 years progressively responsible experience in online marketing, user experience, website and apps usability and e-commerce.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion, etc.).
- Solid understanding of market research, user behavior and data analysis methods. Deep knowledge of Google Analytics and other BI tools is a plus.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over online and offline channels.
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Fluent English and Portuguese is a must. Additional languages are highly desirable.
- Experience in a services company, preferably in Internet.
- Proficient with Office (either Microsoft or Google suites).
- University degree BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- You'll be based in our headquarters, in Curitiba, Brazil, but expect to travel domestically and internationally to represent our company and expand our operations and partnerships.
While we are looking for a stellar, knowledgeable, driven and outstanding candidate, DO NOT APPLY if you are looking for the structure, benefits and perks of an established large or multinational company. We are 200+ people organization, the market leader in Brazil, but still expanding globally with a start-up and hands-on culture. Initially you will lead a team of 15 to 20 junior and middle level professionals in marketing and product development and will have to grow the team but also personally engage into many of our new initiatives to improve on the already successful results we have.