Descrição da Vaga
Are you a strategic thinker? Does business process optimization excite you? Do you love ecommerce? Do you enjoy creating Features and Epics and breaking them down into stories that define how users will interact with these features? If you answered yes to these questions, McFadyen has an opportunity for you!
This individual will interact with a variety of business stakeholders as a cross-functional liaison to understand client requirements and issues. Partner with Architects and technical leads to innovate solutions. Create documentation and other artifacts to turn strategy into reality.
Independently initiate, facilitate, and participate in fact-finding, green-field discussions, and implementation planning and design meetings. You will suggest innovative solutions to business problems that leverage technology for achieving market differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences for our clients.
- eCommerce requirements gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements for large-scale (e.g. Fortune 500 or equivalent) projects
- Present solution alternatives to clients that meet their business requirements
- Successfully and independently handle ambiguous situations and develop a practical plan towards achieving clarity - while defining: functional behavior, business rules, and data attributes
- Work in a globally distributed team model
- Work with the business stakeholders or sponsors to translate business needs into business and functional requirements
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements or user stories
- Represent requirements using alternative views such as visual analysis models (UML diagrams), prototypes, or simulations where appropriate
- Lead requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives
- Lead and facilitate ongoing requirements prioritization
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including continuous improvement. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates
- Conduct research, analysis, and feasibility studies to establish the viability of requirements
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Bring best practices and support to the other eCommerce teams as it relates to business knowledge and business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science, or related major
- Proven experience in a Business Analyst role
- Experience in eBusiness, including experience with e-commerce, web application development, or other eBusiness solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with a broad array of internet technologies and trends
- Experience in problem resolution with IT systems and individuals
- Strong facilitation and communication skills across business and technical audiences
- Experience with an enterprise class eCommerce platform. We prefer ATG and Endeca
- Understanding of eCommerce internationalization and localization complexities: content in multiple languages, country-specific product availability, and tax & payment processing
- Familiarity with Agile development processes where you quickly write effective user stories that can be broken into meaningful tasks by developers.
- Familiarity with Jira is desired
- Knowledge of multiple vertical industries such as retail, financial services, CPG, and healthcare are a plus
** Your Core Values: Integrity, Drive, Team-Player, Compassion, Ethical, and Driven**