Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Accounting and Reporting Manager will work closely with our Tax, Legal, Treasury and Finance Operations teams, and external consultants to ensure local reporting compliance and accuracy for assigned entities within the region. The responsibility extends to working closely with the third party global reporting and compliance partner(s) for the assigned entities to drive efficiency for this function.
What you'll do
- Maintains a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner
- Understands our business, operating model and processes in relation to local regulations and requirements.
- Works closely with our compliance partner to ensure changes to local requirements are communicated and understood
- Works closely with the third party global compliance partner to ensure accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner.
- Manages all requests for information and data to support preparation of reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests
- Identifies process improvements which will increase efficiency or address service levels with the compliance partner as needed
- Actively manages budgeted versus actual compliance fees for assigned entities, communicating any anticipated changes to the respective parties
- Has an understanding of the requirements (and changes to) GAAP to STAT conversion for assigned entities
- Prepares the monthly GAAP to STAT adjustments entries, ensuring that they are processed in the STAT books timely
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and management reporting
- Responsible for providing explanations on periodical variance analysis of specific entities
- Monitors status on all compliance deadlines on a daily basis and communicates any concerns and anticipated issues to the Reporting Manager
- Prepares for and participates in, weekly compliance calls with the regional team
- Supports information requests related to new country and product launches as needed
- Works independently to research and resolve individual inquiries related to such requests liaising with accounting and tax as needed
- Keeps up to date on upcoming changes to the compliance landscape and determines how these changes will impact the existing compliance process
- Review of Statutory account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis and select US GAAP balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification preferred