Descrição da Vaga
TFG is among the 10 largest mobile gaming companies in the world, the largest in Latin America.
Throughout history, we have launched more than 70 titles and exceeded the 1 billion mark of downloads, ranking among the 20 largest app publishers in the world.
TFG was born in 2011 with two brothers, and today we are a team of over 350 people passionate about creating the best and most fun experiences for billions of players worldwide.
We are a Brazilian company with offices in Ireland and the United States, and we will not stop there.
We want to be a reference in technology in the world, developing incredible products that will impact generations. For this, we need to surround ourselves more and more with exceptional people who come and do this with us.
What is the infrastructure team
An engineer in our team works with a global scale infrastructure and has great impact in millions of players. To guarantee the best experience possible, we count with several Kubernetes clusters spread around the world and connected to each other. We are in the cutting edge of open-source infrastructure technology, we adopted Kubernetes in production little after the project was launched and today we use technologies such as eBPF and Cilium in our network stack.
We handle billions of logs daily and have hundreds of nodes and thousands of containers to serve more than 1 million requests per minute. We know this number will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of provisioning and operating infrastructure at large sca
What you will do
You must understand our systems flows, diagnose problems in production environment, identify points of improvement and automation, and guarantee that we have the necessary infrastructure to create the best games in the world.
Some problems you will encounter:
- Developing, monitoring and optimizing infrastructure clusters (Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka...).
- Defining monitoring and observability patterns.
- Troubleshooting and incident management in production.
- Automation and improvements in infrastructure provisioning (Infrastructure as Code).
Who you are
We expect an engineer of the infrastructure team to have solid programming, network and operational systems knowledge. We are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, therefore we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
Some characteristics we value on our team:
• Player focused. We are player oriented and infrastructure has a great impact in their experience. Our focus is to have empathy with them to ensure they have an amazing experience. We aim for a top-level infrastructure, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
• Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of projecting and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
• Calm and pragmatism. When everything seems to be falling apart around you, you have a plan and keep calm.
• Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Linux knowledge. You should be able to discuss in detail what happens under the hood (SO, kernel, network).
- Solid knowledge in at least one programming language. We work mostly with Go and Python.
Relevant experience (plus)
- Experience with large scale production systems and technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring systems (eg: Datadog, Statsd, Grafana, etc).
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (eg: Ansible, Terraform, etc).
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka and Emqtt.
- Experience with database management (Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (eg: Jenkins, Travis, etc).