Descrição da Vaga
Loggi is connecting Brazil, re-inventing logistics with technology and creating new experience of express delivery.
Through a software-first approach, we are creating from the ground-up a last-mile logistics network which is fast, cost-efficient and reliable. Our technology connects businesses (e-commerce, restaurants and offices) to a network of thousands of independent couriers cutting though Brazilian urban congestion, making user’s life easier and improving their living standards.
We believe different people think differently, which leads us to diverse solutions and new ways of making it happen. We are committed with diversity in multiple ways: race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and disabled person.
- Have a good grasp on web applications and it’s fundamentals: HTTP, TCP/IP, security, REST, browser and other clients. Bonus point if you think http://12factor.net/ is the way to go here.
- Have a solid understanding of relational databases, in particular PostgreSQL
- Are comfortable working with Linux, from setting up servers to beating them to submission with sane and productive Devops techniques. At Loggi there’s no distinction between Devops and regular developers, you write code and make sure it works well in production.
- Have at least some experience with Python, even if it hasn't been the focus center of your professional life.
- Understands basic algorithms and data types, knows what to use and more importantly what not to use for given requirements.
- Are good at organizing your own time and schedule.
- We don't micro-manage.
- Are serious about shipping working code: leverage automating testing in it’s various incarnations: unit tests, end to end tests and the associated tool-set (ci servers, unittests, integration tests)
- Believe in data driven decisions, like to plan, collect, analyze and present metrics, from low level stuff to business goals and KPIs
We will eat our hearts out if you have:
- Worked with Linux containers (Docker)
- Experience with Ansible
- Know Django inside out.
- Experience with graphite and/or elastic search.
- Worked on products (as opposed to services) used daily by a large number of people.
- Implemented big data pipelines, both for OLAP and Predicting behavior. We’re interested in a Kafka & Hadoop / Storm / Druid pipeline
- Have written and deployed software written in Go.
- Freedom to think and explore.
- Fun, laid-back environment in a fast paced Startup.
- Feedback and brainstorming directly with the founders. No bureaucracy, no bull****
- Competitive compensation based on your experience
- Choice of tools
- Score 10.5 out of 12 on Joel’s test
- We will gift to you a technical updating conference of your choosing, after completing one year as a Logger
Our Current Stack
- Mixed fleet of AWS and other dedicated server hosting providers.
- Ansible for provisioning and orchestration
- Docker for distributing services
- PostgreSQL for relational storage
- Redis in a variety of roles
- Elastic-search for logging and OLAP loads.
- Statsd and Graphite for metrics
- Jenkins as a CI server.
- Nginx + UWsgi serving main Python App.
- And a bunch of other stuff, let's not spoil the surprise.
Loggi is a startup tackling real time logistics, same day delivery in São Paulo, Brazil. We began working on June 2013. Clients love our platform, and so do drivers. We've been growing over 20% for the past two years.
We've closed a series A round in August 2014 with Monashees Capital and Qualcomm Ventures
Apply to this post!
We'll get back to you in no more than 72 hours.
PS: Applicants from anywhere are very welcome, however, this is an onsite position and you must be legally allowed to work in Brasil