Descrição da Vaga
THIS IS A TEMPORAL POSITION!!!!
The Associate Market Manager is a market-based role responsible for building revenue growth and developing and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships within their assigned markets. This includes negotiating favorable inventory rates and allocations at property level, and driving key activities that support Expedia's revenue goals and strategic goals. The core focus for this position is to drive revenue and room night performance for a defined area through handling a portfolio of local lodging suppliers in their market in an effort to build a sustainable long term relationship resulting in high revenue results and inventory supply.
- You will deliver revenue and/or acquisition goals through management of inventory, content, rates and supplier relations through negotiation of best inventory and most strategically high-reaching rates in the designated market. Secure inventory through on-going account management during acquisition and renewal
- You will negotiate and secure market deals, promotions and dynamic rate rules. Coordinate with Point of Sale (POS) to demonstrate merchandising opportunities and offerings
- You will evaluate market trends and competitor activity and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering high level consulting services and gathering marketing and sales opportunities through regular partner contact and delivering benefited services
- You will provide significant performance reporting analysis to partners at the property level to implement top solutions in order for the partner and Expedia to achieve market performance and long-term activity goals
- You will develop and drive sound recommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to optimize partner hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
- Develop a strong network and relationships within the local market in order to use appropriate market influencers (e.g. congress and tourism bureau, hotel association etc.) and provide analytical expertise to the local industry
- You will promote Expedia's full suite of products offerings and key initiatives to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Act as liaison between partners and other Expedia functions to train and educate partners on the various Expedia tools, connectivity solutions, payment and billing alternatives, and other partner facing Expedia systems or services
- You will coordinate with other Expedia teams and functional areas to build and implement creative business solutions aimed at building a strong market presence, merchandising, and attractive value propositions
- You will lead the development and implementation of overall market business plans, and ensure Expedia has a long-term business strategy to deepen our position in the assigned market/territory
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years related industry experience and college degree; or equivalent degree in Hospitality or Revenue Management
- Ability to travel as needed for this dynamic role
- Demonstrated understanding of how to match market demand and supply
- Ability to analyze data and take proper actions without direction
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental presentation abilities and the demonstrated ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://www.lifeatexpedia.com to learn more about our travel brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.