Descrição da Vaga
Role: Analista de Tecnologia de Informação (Support Analyst)
Purpose Of Role :
* The role holder is responsible for the deployment and support of IT infrastructure, systems and application software, Database management, network services and data security to both internal customers.
* He/she provides complex technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues including proposals to ensure systems availability to the customer.
* He/she acts as hands and eyes to remote support groups, contributing to in-site and in-country support of network, voice, and video solutions.
* The role includes problem diagnosis and resolution, and activities will comprise requirements analysis, testing, integrating and managing components and models.
* The role holder has an appreciation of and/or participates in the design of systems architecture and network systems, and may be responsible for generating new opportunities and maintaining the client relationship and satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities :
* Under supervision to evaluate, co-ordinate, test and install software/hardware provided by suppliers with appropriate controls and standards e.g. Laptops/Desktops, Firewalls/Data Security, DBMS, MVS software, Network software and hardware.
* Under supervision to test & install software maintenance upgrades provided by suppliers.
* To provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with technical manager, peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate; could be asked to provide full 24-hour on call emergency support.
* To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed as approved by technical team leader.
* To support recovery activities following failure including disaster recovery.
* To provide limited advice & guidance to other groups on technical and operational issues.
* To provide resource and expertise to support product evaluations with other groups/customers.
* To ensure all appropriate documentation is provided and maintained to the ISO9001 standard.
Authority/Decision Making :
* Systems/Application level authority and access - would refer to management where appropriate.
* May be involved in helping restore critical BT business functionality.
* New graduate entry.
* A suitable formal training path to certification standard, where appropriate, will need to be completed e.g. Microsoft, CCNP, MCSE, Sun Solaris, Oracle certified DBA, HP certified systems engineer, ITIL, CobIT, etc.
* Developed skills in basic theories, practices and procedures in one skill area through formal training, and able to apply basic knowledge/skills to own work area.
* Able to respond to standard manager requests and understand the relationships between work processes and the business, although horizons will probably be limited to own team.
* Can use existing, clearly defined procedures to solve routine problems and organize own time to deliver against tasks set by others within a short-term horizon.
* Can ask questions and check for understanding.
* Can provide explanations clearly and precisely.
* Can work co-operatively with others to achieve team goals, and can build stable and useful working relationships.
* Awareness of costs related to own work area.
* Advanced English Language skills are mandatory.
* Intermediate Spanish Language skills are desirable.
* At least 4 years in similar roles.
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all
sections of the community regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, religion/belief, disability, marital or civil
partnership status, age, sexual orientation or caring responsibilities.
A BT é uma empresa que prima pela igualdade de oportunidade. Aceitamos
candidaturas as nossas vagas independentemente de raça, etnia, sexo, opção
sexual, religião, deficiência, idade e/ou estado civil.
Job function: IT, Systems and Security
Working pattern: Standard
Closing date: Ongoing