Descrição da Vaga
We are looking for a Tax Legal professional who will be responsible for the following activities:
* Tax litigation: *Coordinates with law firms the preparation of defenses and/or administrative and/or judicial measures related to tax infraction notices, requests for special taxation regimes, preventive injunctions, and others.
* *Tax audits: Coordinates the process of gathering documents requested by tax authorities, attending court summons and meeting procedural deadlines, as well following up on audits in progress.
* Rep. Letter: Consolidates data and statements related to the international report (“Rep Letter”), sent quarterly to Global Tax and external auditors, including FIN48 analysis.
* Circularization Letter: Coordinates with law firms the preparation of lawyers’ circularization letter as requested by external auditors, containing information on administrative and judicial proceedings in progress.
* Provisions and Court deposits: Crosses Provisions and Court Deposits system with the SAP, accounting for discrepancies, updating and controlling the tax-related provisions and court deposits accounting accounts.
* Tax Clearance Certificate (CND): Obtaining and renewal of all tax clearance certificates from relevant governmental bodies. Coordinates the interface with Monsanto’s different areas for the resolution of pending issues identified in current tax account balances.
* Tax Planning: Analyzes and presents new ideas aimed at reducing the tax burden of the group’s entities, optimizing credit utilization and analyzing financial and accounting impacts, with special emphasis on jurisprudence trends and market-accepted legal opinions. Supports the analysis of Brazil tax legal impacts for international report and tax planning.
* Powers of Attorney:*Ensures compliance and timeliness in the process of obtaining powers of attorney (POA) for the Tax area.
* *Global Tax Report: Participates in periodical meetings for the reporting of the main administrative and judicial proceedings to Global Tax, assisting in the main discussions and in strategic definitions of the area.
* Support to Indirect Tax Consulting: Responds to hard-to-solve issues and operational problems that require process adjustments.
* Preventive Tax Consulting: Identifies the need, organizes and conducts direct tax trainings to client and partner areas. Analyzes voluntary disclosures. Reviews marketing programs and contracts in general.
* Support Projects: Provides tax support for the start-up or revision of Business or operational models, indicating the best _modus operandi _in terms of risks and savings.
* Graduation in Law
* Previous experience in tax litigation and indirect tax planning consulting (VAT)
* Desirable accounting knowledge
* Advanced english