Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Our Operations Finance team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Finance Manager to our rapidly growing finance team in Belo Horizonte. We are looking for an English, Portuguese and Spanish speaking leader who can design, implement and manage the Uber for Businesses Invoicing, credit, collections and cash accounting functions in our LATAM region of Mexico, Central and South America. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external vendors. You will report directly to the Global Process Owner of Account Receivables.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the global owner to design, implement, and manage the AR function in the region
- Develop & implement workflows & processes to ensure timely & accurate collections and invoicing compliance across a range of products that supports evolving business needs.
- Develop business requirements documents to build and implement solutions, aligning upstream and downstream processes to build consensus among key stakeholders.
- Develop & ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Design and review the policy and control reports requirements
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. U4B sales and operations teams, Accounting, Systems, Treasury, the Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree [Accounting Preferred]
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment and working with BPO's.
- Strong functional knowledge of the following areas: customer record maintenance, credit management, customer invoicing, receivables aging, collections, customer payments and revenue reporting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International statutory compliance requirements
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Language: fluent speaker/writer in English, Portuguese and Spanish